Maleficent becomes sleeping beauty at Joey Sleep Contest

Well, it was a case of Sleeping Beauty gone 'terbalik' 

Maleficent was seen to be sleeping soundly on a super comfy Joey Mattress sampai don't wanna bangun dari tidur because she was too comfortable. Yup! Tried, tested and approved by none other than Maleficent! Hey, the pillow is super comfortable too, unlike most of my other pillows at home.

Gaya tidur Maleficent nyenyak tidur with her full mahjong socks. Psssttt...nak bagi tau u satu secret. Sebenarnya Maleficent ini kaki mahjong. Inilah kaki mahjong yang sebenar! (kaki mahjong.....get it?) pun intended.

We came, we saw, we conquered and played our characters well before Snow White goes to sleep at 11am. Yup! Pagi-pagi kena tidur selama 8 jam. Hey! it's not an easy feat I tell you.

Let me share with you my girlfriend's point of view as a "Sleeping Queen" for the day and her whole sleeping journey.

Below is Ariel's experience.

"Finally, after laying down for 8 hours at Joey Mattress contest…
I am still laying down on my bed while writing this 🤣🤭
It has been a beautiful journey of friendship, fun and excitement.
I saw Joey’s Mattress Contest for some time…
I wanted to try the 1,2 or maybe 4 hours challenge…but decided to go all out for the 8 hours challenge as my husband wanted a new mattress as ours (even though it was pretty new …was sinking 😅…)
So I decided to go all out “full force” and ask my gf Yong Choy Peng whether we should go together and have some fun time.
To make this long story short…read Choy Peng’s blog about our journey at the beginning…
Before the contest, I had a few nights dreaming about this “sleeping contest”
Will I be able to last 8 hours without toilet breaks, food, water, boredom.
What is the best strategy to sustain for 8 hours?
The day has arrived. I felt really anxious,
I was suppose to sleep late, but ended up sleeping at midnight as I was already too sleepy on Friday. Plan to wake up at 4am but ended waking up at 6.50am (body auto wake up call🤣)
8.20am headed over to Choy Peng’s to fetch her to have delicious breakfast together.
We arrived at Artisan Playground at around 9.50am. We had at least one hour for photo shot before my time to sleep. Joey Mattress was kind enough to let us enter so we could enjoy taking photoshots of our costumes and props. I was amazed that they even have a 360degree video…it was something new and different. A good experience for us. Felt like those in the Grammy Awards 🥰
Time flies when we were having fun, after taking many shots, it was time for me to get ready to sleep. I left my apple…but Choy Peng had a moon…that put me to sleep 🤣
10 mins before 11am, I quickly rush to the toilet for my final letting go🫣 and hope n pray I wont need the toilet till 7pm 😅
My tummy is full (my husband advised me to have a full tummy. He said a full tummy will make me sleepy🤣…a hungry tummy will keep me awake😅)
Now, at 11am…they signaled me to quickly sleep so they wont disqualify me 😅
I lay on my comfy pillow and hope to sleep.
For the first hour or so, my mind keeps giving me negative input.
“Dont think of peeing, dont think of toilet…” but thats all I could think of. Minds really can play tricks on us.
I have to be Mentally strong , to tell myself not to think about it and not to think its 8 HOURS 😱
Suddenly I just felt sleepy, and slept. Surprisingly , I slept till almost 2pm. I felt a rush of confident.. “ I can do this” I am almost half way there 😅
For me, being a mom, a housewife, working fulltime…the most I sleep is only 6 hours daily. With 4 kids, I constantly have them around me 🤣
So this was a nice different for a change. No kids calling out “MommmYyy” every few minutes.
Joey’s Mattress was very comfortable. It was firm, good for my back. The pillow was perfect for my tired neck…it felt like I was sleeping in a 5 star hotel…good quality pillow and mattress. It’s no wonder…I could sleep for almost 8 hours in the AFTERNOON 😅🤭🥳
At last, it was 7pm. They woke me up saying “
Congratulations
!! You won a Joey’s Mattress” 🥳🤩🤩🤩
That sentence could wake “Snow White” anytime 🤣🤣
I am very bless and lucky to have a very good friend Choy Peng. She gave me her slot, and even though I insist on her to go and win…she still encourages me to take hers still.
Thank you Choy Peng for giving me an opportunity to win “A King Size mattress worth RM2600”. You didn’t have to follow me, but you did. While I spent 8 hours sleeping, you spent 8 hours waiting for me. You are not an evil Maleficent but a real caring, loving, generous one. Today has been such a memorable and enjoyable day that I will never forget 🥰❤️ "


As for me, what do I get in return?

A beautiful long lasting friendship that continues to grow over time.

Lots of beautiful memories in the form of pictures. This photo warms my heart.


Lots of friends thought I went to the sleeping contest and also won a mattress. The answer is nope. I donated my spot to my dear friend Ariel. At the end of the day, I realized there were only 4 mattress winners. I thought there were 12! I was super lucky to be able to secure a spot and my girlfriend even luckier as she scored herself a King size Joey Mattress worth almost RM2,600. 


All the winners look so radiant and wide awake now after a good 8 hours of sleep. 
A BIG CONGRATULATIONS to all!





We had so much fun taking pictures all around. Seen here with us is one of the founders, Winson. Aiyah Joey, didn't get to tangkap you for a gambar too. You were sooooo busy!


Here are some of our memorable shots.
We both love to play dress up.

 Both costumes are Ariel's and she was kind enough to let me wear them this year. Halloween ain't over for both of us!

I was so glad we could both do the things we love most at the Joey Sleep Contest, to play dress up. I even brought my moon lamp to complement my look.

We did a little research before we strike these poses. Love all the shots we took that day! 

At the end of the day, Snow White finally woke up from her 8 hours of slumber and was declared a winner for one of the Joey Mattress. I was so happy she pulled it through! Congrats Ariel! You can now have a good night sleep everyday! 
Check out her unboxing video here.



Comments

Popular Posts