Get rewarded by sleeping on Joey Mattress this November 5th.

How about getting "paid" to sleep?

Well, not in cash but by products in kind.

I first noticed this sleeping contest here, at the World of buzz website and was already on standby mode sharing with a few dear friends to join in the fun. After researching, I found out that the event will take place on 5th November 2022 from 11AM to 10PM at the Artisan's Playground, KL. A total of 150 sleepyheads will win their share of Joey products worth up to RM 45,790! WOHOO!  FAQ and more details in their website. 

I am going to be a part of this egg-citing sleep journey organized by Joey Mattress and can't wait! My girlfriend and I strategized and planned on the fastest ways to secure our bookings when the clock strikes midnight when the registration link was open on 21st Oct 2022.

I even suggested to her and shared my strategy on typing out our names, IC and credit card number to standby on a word document first. 





We shared screen shots on some of the social media videos on details to expect when filling up the forms. We studied and discussed the perfect timing for both of us and which slots we wanted to take up. We pm-ed the ever-responsive admin on social media and we were told we won't be doing an overnight and by 10pm semua kena tutup. So if we were to target the 8 hours of sleep, we can't take the slots that are too late. Hence our first choice would be the 11am so that we could end by 7 plus and it's not too late to drive home. Always have a back up plan. Our next choice was the 12.30pm time slot or the latest would be the 2pm slot. But then we may end up getting home close to 11pm by the time things wrap up. So we gathered our thoughts and planned for the "perfect timing" that suited both our needs. As my gf invited me to join her, I asked her to pick. I am the kind who give consideration to others first. Initially I had wanted to back off from this event due to the location and distance. But 2 days before the booking, my girlfriend, Ariel asked me to go along with her to have some fun and I agreed. 

We enjoy each other's company and have an admiration for one another. Spending girly time sleeping together at an event like this sounds so interesting! I am grateful we help out each other in understanding this contest more before it even started. I felt like a little girl again, giggling continuously at the way we plan this "outing". Both super excited to be a part of this Joey Mattress Sleep Campaign. 



We studied Joey Mattress' IG Story to better prepare ourselves on what to expect on booking day. We were on standby mode at least an hour before booking started, strategizing, discussing and picking the timing and sharing things like how to prepare for the booking.



So when the clock strikes 12am on 21st Oct, we were ready to book. Damn kan cheong I tell you! 




I noticed per slot there were only 12 spots. 
By the time I masuk, tinggal 3 spots only.  I knew I had to act FAST!  


Within less than 3 minutes I successfully secured my seat. 
I squealed in excitement when I got my spot. 

After settling my documentation, I pm-ed my gf to tell her the good news and to check if she had managed to secure the same timing with me. She sounded a little sad when she said she didn't manage to book.  As it was already very late, we left it there. I felt our outing may need a change of plans. And the plan was that I had to go ahead alone. 


Netherless, I started planning my wardrobe. They have a best dressed. Come dressed in your best pyjamas. I had this idea of dressing up as Pau Chow Por of Kung Fu Hustle. This badass aunty with curls on her head. So I began searching for the right wardrobe for this character and play dress up on the event day.


The very next day, me and my girlfriend caught up and she shared with me her desire to dress up as Snow White. In the end, since she did not score a place, she lent me her Snow White Costume to 'consider' wearing it to the event day. It was her concept and idea and I felt it would be a sure win for BEST COSTUME! 
The credit goes to my gf, Ariel for her outstanding ideas.

I am thankful for her generosity and graciously accepted her costume to try on at home.  Meanwhile I was also making some rounds at some costume store to assist my girlfriend with her kid's costume and while helping her research, guess what I found! More Snow White Costumes. How interesting! They even have one fit for Muslimah. 


Ermrm....btw this is a fake apple. Looks real hor. 


Back home, I began to lay down all my supporting props for this Snow White role, getting into the character for the Sleeping Contest. Don't laugh if you do see a Snow White hanging around event day. It will most likely be either me or my girlfriend. 


Her idea and her concept is brilliant! Snow White ate the poisonous apple and fell into a deep sleep. I find that this would be an excellent angle and story to write on and hence.....you are reading this piece of story now!


I tried on the costume one day later and here is the outcome. I felt like a Disney princess. Anyway it's Halloween soon and I was glad to got to play with this new costume too and take some lovely pictures.
What do you guys think?
I got lucky and I want to share my happiness with my girlfriend.

Since my dear girlfriend was the one who showed me extreme kindness by lending me her Snow White costume for the event, I have decided to let go of my spot and gift it to her instead. Not being able to "play together" is not a problem. I will still be there to support her and take care of her needs during that day. 

I treasure our friendship and when she first offered me her Snow White dress I was so touched. In return now I want her to take my place and win her mattress for her new home and family! In the end, we would still be able to hang out together as planned, only we both don't get to play....eerrrr....sleep together. But that's OK. As long as everyone is happy. I guess I will have plenty of time to roam around and explore this new place, the Artisan's Playground.


By the end of the day, it will be treasured moments we get to spend together with lots of photos and a story to tell. 




I already have the perfect headline!
 Snow White was so good in bed, she won a RM2,600 Joey Mattress

OK! See you all at the event next week! Come say hi to Snow White yah!

Comments

Popular Posts