Unbeatable Menu Prices at Mountain Village 山村 Kopitiam

Another new eatery just sprouted in the heart of SS2. Located just a few doors away from McDonald's and right above Young Sanna Mee. Take the stairs to Level 1 and you will reach Mountain Village 山村 Kopitiam, a new restaurant that is open since 2 months. They open from 9am - 3pm (Wednesdays - Sundays) I got to know this place from my neighbour just yesterday and decided to bring my gang of friends to check this place out today.

As you step inside, you will see a restaurant beautifully decked up in some Chinese New Year decorations and guess what? Chinese New Year songs fill the air too. Gosh! It really does have the Chinese New Year vibes. According to one of the bosses, it's Chinese New Year at the Mountain Village Kopitiam all year round!


Can you spot the potty? Nothing like the old world charm. Most traditional Chinese homes would have a cabinet like these.

A peaceful dining experience at an unbeatable price.
The best part of this kopitiam is their super affordable prices. Check out their unbelievable menu prices.


Claypot Yee Mee RM5.50


Fried Kuey Teow  RM5.50

The Fried Kuey Teow is my favourite dish here. Slightly spicy but I liked it hot.

Next I tried their Kahwin Laksa RM5.50 which is a mix of Asam Laksa and Curry Laksa. I find that the soup was not hot enough. I like my food served pipping hot.

Nasi Lemak RM2. Decent portions for that price. Where else can you find food prices like these?

3 Layer Tea or what we call Sam Sik Nai Cha RM 3.50
This drink is kind of special as it comes with a layer of blue tea (most likely from the butterfly pea flower.)


Me and my girlfriends having a good time here and trying out most of their dishes. It was our first time here. I especially loved the Oriental vibes here.


My girlfriends got really excited upon seeing the mahjong table here, especially her mom. 
These bamboo chairs are super comfy. 
A game of mahjong before your meal, perhaps?

The bamboo backdrop here does make a really nice background with oriental vibes.
Time for a selfie with my Oriental mask and baju to blend in.

It's Chinese New Year here all year round. If you miss CNY, this is the best place to be. Check out their facebook page for more info.



Comments

Popular Posts