Pasar Malam Scene after MCO

 

Can I have a show of hands for those who love Pasar Malams? Who doesn't love Pasar Malams. Gosh! I miss my Pasar Malams full of activities, hustle and bustle and lots of people. Kinda meriah don't you think so? But hanging out at Pasar Malams after MCO is never the same again. The crowds these days are lesser and stalls are also lesser too! Business owners will say aiyooooo business tak bagus these days. Who can blame them? Ramai yang shy away from crowded places after the Covid 19 scare which lasted for more than a year. Our lives will definitely be impacted and never the same again. Some are even too paranoid to go out or hang around places with too many people. It's all about social distancing these days!

A seller managing his quiet stall at the Chow Yang Pasar Malam on Thursday nights.

Street food is probably the best during Pasar Malam visits. On and off I do see some really creative street food. Most probably inspired by Taiwan snacks. But not all are nice. One of my favourite is the Taiwan sausage. My favourite Pasar Malam is usually the one in SS2 (near MCDONALDS SS2). These days I heard the Pasar Malam in SS2 buka 2 hari. Mondays and Tuesdays and so they split the number of vendors to not overcrowd one day, which I find it a good thing too since it's all spread out. Buying food in Pasar Malam ain't cheap. You tend to buy until syiok syiok without realizing the damage to your pocket. Especially when you shop for food when you're extremely hungry. You will tend to buy more!

So how long have you not been to a Pasar Malam? Tell me.

Comments

Popular Posts