My Birthday Celebration at Oriental

August is my favourite month.
Why? Because it's my Birthday Month!
I started celebrating a week before my actual Birthday and started it with a special dining experience at Tang Room, Starling Mall, one of the many Oriental Group of Restaurants.
This was the closest Oriental to me and I am used to going to Tang Room. I love the ambience and got used to their staff there. Yup! I am one of the regulars at Tang Room.
For my Birthday, Oriental gave me a Birthday Voucher which I could redeem on my Birthday Month. I had to make an order of minimum RM200 in order to use the RM100 rebate voucher and I thought hey that's a really good deal!

Here's a quick look at what I had.
My favourite dish here is the salad called "Yat Kin Jung Ching" aka Love at First Sight (RM48). Indeed it's a very yummy salad filled with greens , soft shell crab and their special sauce which makes me come back for more, everytime. I sometimes do crave for this salad.

We were craving for fish and hence we ordered this live Australian Perch Fish (RM158).I t was my first time having this. The soy sauce used to cook this fish is just sooooo goooood. The meat is fresh.
I also tried their Durian Pudding (RM12) for the first time. The durian pudding arrived in a somewhat mystical crystal ball looking jar with smoke coming out from its base. It's dry ice actually! What a lovely presentation. The aroma of the durian, together with the softness and smoothness of the pudding was rather fulfilling.


So remember I told you it was my Birthday? These beautiful "Sau Paus" was one of the perks I had and it was free for me to claim on my Birthday month. How did I got these items for FREE you may ask. Oh! The Sau Paus were not the only items I got for FREE. Let me share what else was FREE! Read on.





These "Sau Pau's are really huge and packed with generous portions of lotus paste (lin yung) that melts in your mouth. A great way to celebrate longevity for any birthday.


And so happen the Mid Autumn Festival was also around the corner. I also managed to snag a box for FREE as part of my perks as a Platinum Member of the Oriental Cuisne Club. These were the snow skin filled with lotus paste and egg yolk. They were just right. Not too sweet.


Want to know more about the Oriental Cuisine Club? Here's a summary about the Oriental Cuisine Club Membership.
Basically, there are 2 types of membership, namely Gold and Platinum.

How to be a Gold / Platinum member?To become a Gold member, you can sign up with RM 98 online at members.orientalrestaurants.com.my or at any participating restaurants. Here is what you will get in return.

To become a Platinum member, existing members need to accumulate a qualifying spend of
 RM20,000* and above within the membership year to qualify. And here are the perks.


Can you spot my free mooncake and free sau paus here? Not only that, during the Jung Chit, as a Platinum member you will also be rewarded with one huge Dumpling for FREE! And a whole lot more benefits including 2 Three Head Abalones and additional RM100 x3 cash e-vouchers. Hence I find the Platinum perks are pretty good actually. Well there is a short cut to become a platinum member actually and I am going to share this secret with you. Do you have any member of your family getting married soon or any BIG celebration events coming up? Go sign up as an Oriental Cuisine Club Member before that and have your wedding or celebration event at any Oriental Group of Restaurants. That way you could have easily hit more than RM20K already and automatically upgraded to become a Platinum member to enjoy all these perks for a year!
If you would like to know more, here are the


List of Participating Oriental Group of Restaurants
         *Latest update: Seafood World as of now is also pork free.

INSTAGRAM CONTEST ALERT
In collaboration with Oriental Group of Restaurants, I am giving away 1(ONE)- 1 year  Oriental Gold Membership worth RM98.  
Follow the details below to win:
 Step 1: Follow @choypengism and @orientalgroupmy on instagram.

Step 2: Post this photo on your instagram with the following hashtags (make sure your account is public)


Step 3: Tag @choypengism and OrientalGroupMy

One lucky winner will be selected.
Closing date: 18th September 2019. Winner will be announced before 30th Sept 2019.

For more info on Oriental Cuisine Club, log on to:


Sign up here:

Updated 20/9/2019
And the winner is.....


Congratulations!!!!


Comments

Popular Posts