TLC Festival in Manila (Part 1)

I couldn't believe my ears when I received a call one Monday morning from the people at Astro Circle informing me that I have won the Grand Prize of a 4 Days 3 Nights trip for 2 to Manila. And that very week I flew off to the Philippines on Friday together with my mom. Less than a week to get prepared, we took the dive and said WHAT THE HECK, WE'LL JUST GO WITH THE FLOW! We're gonna have the best experience EVER! True enough the event was a true success. Me and mom couldn't be happier. We were well taken care off my the TLC South East Asia Team especially dear Kaireen who REALLY REALLY cared for us and made sure everything was smooth sailing and that we had a wonderful time. She made us felt so comfortable and welcomed.



I jumped for joy after hearing I won a trip to attend the TLC Festival 2016 happening at Bonifacio High Street in the Philippines courtesy of TLC South East Asia who played host to the event. It was certainly an unforgettable experience and it was special because I get to attend this once in a lifetime event with my beloved mother. And best of all we get to rub shoulders to some of my favourite TLC Talents, namely Janet Hsieh, Buddy Valastro, Daniel Churchill and Hayden Quinn.
We flew by Malaysia Airlines and it took less than 4 hours to reach the Ninoy Aquino International Airport. Upon arrival, it took us another hour to reach the hotel.
We were quickly ushered to our hotel rooms and here's a look at my hotel room. We stayed at the Shangri La at The Fort, Manila. I will do a separate hotel review later.

The view from my hotel room.
After resting for a few hours, we were ushered to Blackbird Makati, for some fine dining and to catch a glimpse of the stars.
Here's a glimpse of the Blackbird Makati, an aviation-themed restaurant.
 
I heard is fully booked almost every night. Prices doesn't come cheap either. It's certainly an eye opener coming here and I admire the ambience. The outdoor was amazing. This is my favourite spot!
 
 Mom striking a pose in the dark



 And finally the stars of the night arrived!
 Some picture perfect moments with the stars and here's Lisa, the wife of popular Cake Boss Buddy Valastro. Ain't she a pretty sight. And my favourite travel host, Janet. I simply adore her! She is known for her adventurous and outgoing personality.
 Mom all smiles with the super friendly Janet Hsieh.


 Finally a shot with Buddy.

 
And two Australian cuties who can cook!
Don't they look handsome
 More close up shots of the stars
 During the dinner. we got to sample some of the food at Blackbird Makati. All in petite servings. 
Even the ice creams are in petite sizes. How cute!
We sat on the outside with winners from Singapore.
 Meet Andy Neo and his mom and super friendly Kaireen.
 Cheers to a great night! Mom posing with Angelyn and Ted from Singapore. Looks like they are having a great time. All thanks to TLC.

The air was fresh and breezy and cooling at the same time.
 Little Ted and his cheeky poses.
Time for a group selfie

The night was just awesome and perfect. After dinner we went back to the hotel and rested for tomorrow's TLC FESTIVAL. More great post and pics coming right up in part 2 and part 3 on what happened at the TLC Fest 2016 and later, a Masterclass with the Cake Boss, Buddy Valastro. You can also find #TLCFest16 on instagram for more awesome photos posted by others.


Follow TLC South East Asia on facebook or their instagram @TLCSEAsia)

Read Part 2 here


Comments

Popular Posts