Mother's Day Celebration at CHYNA HILTON

Last weekend, we celebrated Mother's Day with a delightful 6 course meal at CHYNA at HILTON KUALA LUMPUR. It was my first time stepping into CHYNA, Hilton's Chinese restaurant styled in full Tang style grandeur. Decked in huge red lanterns and red chairs and table cloth, this place looks amazing.

A work of art-Terracotta Mosaic Walls
To blend in as one with the beautiful Oriental interior, I chose to wear my 3D Gold Fish black top (which I bought from Taiwan) and matched it with long black pants and black shoes. I also accessorised a one side blue and one side red tassel earring. Ain't my fish eye poppin'! Mom chose to wear a simple beige dress and paired it with a long brown scarf.
We were warmly welcomed in full hospitality.
The skilful tea master dressed in traditional Chinese costume was acrobatically pouring us each a specially brewed 8-Treasure Welcome Tea through a metre-long spout from his kettle. The tea has a slight sweetness and I loved it! He was simply amazing! Never had I seen such skill!

 Mom was given a complimentary double-boiled gum tragacanth with giant red dates. I took a sip and it tastes great! Look how happy she was with her yummy dessert!

  Double-boiled gum tragacanth with giant red dates.
I do admire all the cutlery and plates presented on our table. It's just so exquisite!
This dragon is a chopstick and spoon holder
The 6 Course Dinner consist of the following mouthwatering dishes, not only were they all presented beautifully, but taste great too! Here's the menu.

We started off with the Mix Salad with Kaori Bako, anchovies and crispy Peking Duck.
 Next we had the Braised Lobster Soup with Shanghai Crab Meat, Scallion and Vegetarian Fins which was really "Jan Choy Sat Liew". I had a mouthful and it was rich in lobster and crab meat.

 This Wok-Seared Hokkaido scallop, asparagus with XO Sauce is enough to satisfy me. In fact this is my favourite dish. The scallop is done in perfection with a super aromatic taste. 
 The Honey Glazed Chicken Cubes topped with Crispy Ginger is marinated well and it's so full of flavour. The crispy ginger is a great combination to this spectacular dish.
 Next, we had this Japanese Somen with preserved bean and miso broth. Mom and I find this dish rather bland in taste after having such flavourful dishes earlier. 
Next comes the best part. Dessert! Such a unique masterpiece! It's Blended Avocado Milk with Vanilla Ice Cream.....this is my favourite part of the meal! Everything was smooth and super tasty. I usually love my avocado milk drink and this is just perfect for me.

We ordered something extra that is out of the 6 course meal.
 Their XO Fried Rice (RM68) is the tops! Wok Hei is very evident here and the rice is super aromatic. I would dare say this is one of the best fried rice I have tasted so far.
 極品醬 X.O 炒飯 
Fried rice with chef signature X.O sauce


Mom and I had a great satisfying meal! It was indeed a mouthwatering adventure and a great gastronomic voyage dining at CHYNA Hilton.
More details on the 6 course meal here.

Mother’s Day | 1st - 12th May 2019
RM188 nett per person
Complimentary double-boiled gum tragacanth with giant red dates for Mom

Father’s Day | 1st - 16th June 2019
RM228 nett per person
Complimentary glass of selected house wine for Dad

10% OFF for Hilton Dining APAC members and 20% off for bank partner cardholders.


CHYNA is located at  Level 5,  HILTON KUALA LUMPUR 

Opening Hours:

Weekdays
12:00 noon to 2:30 pm (Lunch)
6:30pm to 10:30pm (Dinner)

Weekends
11:00 am - 2:30 pm (Lunch)
6:30 pm - 10:30 pm (Dinner)

For reservations, call +60 3 2264 2596 or email KULHI_FB@hilton.com

Comments

Popular Posts