All Jazzed up in Old Shanghai Style at Foxxytong Private Kitchen 福喜堂之飯坊


Transport Back In Time
Imagine Yeh Lai Siang 夜来香 playing as the music background as you enter this place.
A sense of nostalgic sweeps the air with this restaurant's interior that is both mezmerizing and captivating at the same time. I felt time has stopped and I have been transported back to the Old Shanghai Era

 Foxxytong Private Kitchen 福喜堂之飯坊 has been in the market for 7 years. Located at the busy USJ Taipan area (next to Hai-O), I never knew this place existed until my colleague showed me a flyer one day and suggested lunch there. So we decided to check it out.


The staircase leading up to the restaurant on the first floor.


The staircase leading up to the first floor of this restaurant is decorated with photos of vintage styled looking patrons and jazzing up its ambience. Little touches like these do spruce up the whole place.
Adding a touch of classic feel are these vintage wall posters. I also love the colourful hanging lanterns that sets the mood for the entire restaurant. 


Checkered Marble Floors


One interesting sight is the way they use the light bulbs surrounding the posters, evident also in the mirror at the toilet area.

The grand stand "feature wall/main stage area) with 2 red comfy sofas.
I am forever captivated by its bright lights. This is the perfect spot for a photoshoot especially if you are dressed in a cheongsam or something more oriental.

I have found my spot! 










I can see lots of effort has been put in for the deco to blend in to the theme. Picking the right lanterns, chandelier, bead curtain drapes, lighting, posters...etc jazzes up this whole place! Plus the music they play. On Point! Classic oldies fills the air.
 Black & White Marble Floor tiles



Now let's talk about food! 
Their food is reasonably priced! And it comes with a free drink and a free dessert (jelly). 
I had their Luncheon Meat Rice (RM7.90) and it was good. I love how they fried the egg with luncheon meat chunks.
My girlfriend had their sweet and sour fish fillet rice (RM12.90)
Sweet and sour pork rice (RM12.90)

 Over at the corner is a corridor that leads to this area, The Smoking Room


I am falling in love with this place. 
According to their old Facebook post, previously they have props for you to wear and take photos. But due to MCO they have eliminated the idea. So if you wanna blend in, come dress in a cheongsam or better still bring your own props, like what I did - an Oriental looking scarf.



Looks like I will be back in no time! 
I wanna try out more food here in an ambience that is super unique.
When I shared videos of this place on my facebook, I realized many of my friends who are residents in Subang also wasn't very aware USJ has such an offering. Foxxytong Private Kitchen 福喜堂之飯坊 is truly a hidden gem at the USJ Taipan Business District. 

Do check them out on their facebook page below:

They also have an instagram page: 

Happy Exploring!


FoxxyTong Private Kitchen is located at:
34-1, Jalan USJ 10/1E, 47610 Subang Jaya, Selangor


Comments

Popular Posts