Lucky or Unlucky

So, in Malaysia we started the MCO Quarantine on 18 March 2020 and will be extended to 14 April 2020. It has been 3 weeks now.

On Day 1 of MCO my family and I had a close call. After a thunderstorm on the very first day, one of our tree branches fell down on our parking hallway. Mom and just barely parked and moved our car closer in like just 3 minutes before disaster strikes.

Lucky or Unlucky?

I would say it was a lucky escape. Thank goodness our car was not damaged and no one was hurt. OK! So Day 1 of MCO didn't start of well but we had a lucky escape.

Initially from this photo, you would have thought the whole tree had fallen. 

But that was not the case. The main tree is still standing strong. This part was only 20% of its branches (Just imagine a right hand patah)

In to our second week of MCO and we encountered yet another disaster which we have not experienced before. Our living room and extended room was flooded after yet another thunderstorm. It seems that the water came seeping through here, the ceiling above from the inside. 
It was madness as we had to pour out almost more than 20 over of buckets full of water. It was a mess with carton boxes filled with baby products like diapers, trolley, my prized possessions, bags all being soaked up. We took almost 5 hours to properly clean up all the water after the flood. And the very next day it was a lot of washing and drying. We utilized all the space we could to dry out all the items, especially my bags inside and outside. 

The Aftermath

This was caused my a clogged drain gutter on our roof due to fallen branches and twigs from our huge tree. The very next day we quickly removed and clear out all the  things that have been clogging up our drainage system and then in the late evening it rained again. Our hearts were all pounding as we prayed and hope no more banjir inside my home!

On a lighter note, by the third week, we welcomed my brother's new kid on the block.
With him around, mom and dad are now joyful grandparents and I am one happy aunty (Now I feel so old- naik pangkat already)
We get to spend some time with this new kiddo as he melt our hearts with his overload cuteness. 

I also see many Facebook friends cooking up a storm and becoming Masterchefs at home. Some really showed off their baking skills. I am soooooooooo amazed and salute them!
Here are some random stuff that me and my family had over the last 2 weeks. 
On the first week we had hot pot steamboat? We had a packet of Hai Di Lao Tomato based soup at home and I just bought a packet of frozen mix stuff and throw everything in. Voila! dinner is served.


On another night's dinner, we had the stir fried Mala using Hai Di Lao's Dry Mala convenient pack. We added mushrooms, Vit's Noodles, Bacon, celery, lotus roots, lady fingers, cheese tofu and stir fried everything.

 There was a day where I longed for Roti Canai. I have seen some friends sharing Roti Canai Recipe on facebook with some talented moms making Roti Canai from scratch. I took the short cut by buying frozen ones and frying them with my aromatic French Butter and eggs.
One of the days we had Spaghetti Bolognese with minced pork, mushrooms and cheese.

 For breakfast we eat light, mom made these Savoury Chinese Pancakes. I fried some for my neighbour too!
 Me and one particular neighbour (an old lady) seems to be exchanging food often. Look what she made for me! A super smooth steamed egg for dessert!

After 2 weeks plus of home cooked food I was craving for Pizza already. I ordered Skippy's Pizza to satisfy my cravings. This is the Ultimate Hawaian loaded with Pulled Pork, Bacon and Pineapples. This was in fact my very first GRAB FOOD order.


And on one of the days I had a Boba Craving. As an indulgence, I got myself a Daboba.

The 2 weeks during MCO I had Berry's Buns and walnut cake. By the third week I had Oreo's Cheese Cake just behind my house from Blossom Deli. Do you know they serve the most authentic cheese cakes. 

An Act of Kindness


Just yesterday, I  was surprised by an act of kindness by my good friends Thai Choon and his wife Joanne who ordered Frozen Dim Sum for me and my parents and had it delivered via a Grab Driver. Ahhhh.....these little things do perk up my day and I am blessed to have friends like these! Appreciate your thoughtfulness, guys!

So what happened during your MCO? Hope it's all good.
Stay safe and remember to practice social distancing. Wash your hands often and keep clean.

Till then!






Comments

  1. Woaah what an experience! Unforgettable and filled wth downs & ups! Glad to read about it. . waah can feel eyes sap sap & terharu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, nice entry! U always lucky!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts