Getting crafty with Embroidery Patch

"Give Me Wings and I Shall Fly!"
 I saw this Angel Wings backpack on the internet one day and had wanted to my very own version. I have always been fascinated with angel wings. They are somewhat magical.
Inspired by the above photo, I wanted to DIY my very own Angel backpack! Bought myself a pair of glitter angel wings and a soft backpack to experiment. It may not turn out as well as I've expected due to its flimsy nature. So I may end up putting the angel wings to good use, elsewhere on a jacket or a shirt. Have yet to decide. But I am sure it will be a show stopper if I ever walk out in those angel wings.

 Wanted to also experiment the angel wings on a carrier bag. Well since it's an iron on material I doubt it will work here. But it does look kind of nice though!
I bought 2 pairs one in silver and one in gold to play with. 
It's not very expensive. I paid about RM12 inclusive of shipping for 2 pairs (bought from Shopee). Just search Angel Wings Patch and the search will turn up.

Here are some ideas to share with you on what you can do with Angel Wings Patch. I so wanna own a black jacket with wings on it. Gonna DIY my own. Here are some pics that I drew inspiration from that made me buy my own Angel Wings iron ons.


Next, I have been drooling over these beautiful bomber jackets which I saw from the internet. Aren't they a beauty? I do admire Japanese art very much and I love FISH! Very Hou yee tau " Nian Nian You Yu" .

Inspired by these embroidery patches I began my own DIY project.

 Bomber Jackets can really cost a bomb! So I decided to buy my own embroidery and try to make one myself.  Yipee! My Fish embroidery finally arrived today and I'm gonna iron it on my jacket. Later on I will enhance it with more flower embroidery. Just hope it turns out well. Here's my beautiful and very detailed iron on fish embroidery patch which I bought from Shopee. These cost me RM12 only (including shipping) Just search with the word Koi Patch and you will see many fish options. Take your pick and happy experimenting too!

There's also a gold koi. I initially would prefer an orange koi but I have been searching everywhere and it's nowhere to be found. So I had to settle for black Koi's.

Saw these beauties at Ali Express too! There are more designs in Ali Express but I prefer to buy on Shopee, my more familiar platform.

 I was first attracted to Bomber Jackets when I first set my sight on these at 2nd Street Trading and they ain't cheap. 
For a preloved Bomber Jacket, it costs between Rm250 - RM650 and I'm not joking. I was literally blown away when I saw the price tag. A brand new one with beautiful embroidery can cost more than RM1,500. I have also seen some onlien for RM200 but my biggest issue may be the size. If you order online, you may have to take a risk of not getting the perfect fit. I do admire all the workmanship and detailing especially when it comes to fish or dragon or sakura flowers as elements. Check out the beautiful embroidery on these bomber jackets from Japan.





Me modelling some Bomber Jackets from 2nd Street Trading in SS15.
Hope my very own DIY Bomber Jacket turns out well. It may not look as exquisite as these but for the time being it will do. I am not splashing a couple of hundred bucks on just one jacket. Wish me luck!

*** Updated 17 June 2019

Here are some photos that I would like to share on my successful DIY attire. Hooray! To new pieces to my wardrobe!





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts