The Enchanting Beitou Thermal Valley

Some of you might already know that I just came back from my Taiwan trip not too long ago. I have spent  a total of 8 days on Taiwan. I am going to share with you some of my adventures in Taiwan and some of my favourite spots. This place tops my list, the  Beitou Thermal Valley. It's an easy access from the MRT Xinbeitou station. Just a short 20 mins walk and I am here, staring at all these steam with a beautiful view.

What a spectacular view! The springs at the Thermal Valley have a very high temperature hence I do feel the heat just by standing close to the edge. The hot spring steam releases vapour that looks mysterious and enchanting at the same time with the presence of acidic sulphur. Yup! It does smell a little but it's bearable.

Prior to reaching the Thermal Valley, here are some sights that greeted me along the way. Such beautiful lush greenery with a spectacular view.
The sound of water streaming down relaxes my mind.

This steam was taken by this little hut for people to rest along their walk up to the Thermal Valley.
The natural formation of these branches form a really beautiful piece of art by Mother Nature.


Once you reach Thermal Valley, it was certainly a sight to behold! We snap away of course!







Watch the Vapour Rising at the Beitou Thermal Valley







At the Hot Springs area there are plenty of hotels and resorts that offer a dip in the thermal hot spring water. You can pick the public ones of the private ones. We chose the latter as it costs almost the same (when we divide by 2). We wemt to this one called the BEITOU HOT SPRING RESORT.
Check out their facebook here.

A Private Room with Hot Springs Tour






This was my first time in a private hot springs and I didn't know what to expect when I first open the hotel room door. I was pleasantly surprised the room opens to a hot and cold tub. I was expecting to see a bed or something. So it's 2 to a room. See how excited I was! I can't wait to jump in! We were given only 90 mins to use the facility. So quickly in I jump!

The water temperature can be adjusted. Let the hot spring water fill up the tub and soak away all my tiredness. It felt sooooo good! Worth every penny! If they have one here in PJ I would go every other week I tell you. My closest encounter in Malaysia for a Hot Spring experience was at The Lost World of Tambun (read my experience here too)

After 90 mins and a fresh shower we headed to the cafe and had our tea and dessert. 

The Beitou Hotspring Resort was certainly a great experience for me. What a relaxing day it was. I slept like a baby at night. 

Comments

Popular Posts