A new discovery at ICC Pudu

Sunday morning, me and my parents decided to hunt for a place for breakfast. My father took me and my mom to a place that I have not been before. Hence, I discovered the ICC Pudu this morning.  Mom was born and bred at Pudu, so I can see her eyes lit up when my father mention bringing us to Pudu....where her old home was when she was a teenager. She used to tell me stories of that area and living there and how things have changed with new buildings here and old buildings and cinema gone. Mom tells me my grandmother used to walk to the market everyday and I vaguely remember my grandmother and my aunt taking me to a Pasaraya Hiong Kong back in the 80's while taking a mini bus! Oh! I miss those days. My aunt and grandmother loves visiting the Pudu market too and I have been there only when I was a kid. So when Pudu comes into the picture, I will always be reminded of my grandmother. I hardly roam around Pudu being a PJ girl. Father was the adventurous one and always bringing us to explore new eats. So today, he brought me and my mom to ICC Pudu.


The ICC Pudu houses vendors from the old Imbi Market. Plenty of scrumptious eats can be found here. A variety of local food. You name it, you've got it!

On the outside I noticed tons of senior citizens hanging around and I asked my parents why is that so. Old timers will find this place a pot of gold and a sanctuary for good local food that were close to their hearts for many years especially those who frequent the previous Imbi Market. 

The ICC Pudu is located just next to the Hotel Pudu Plaza


What is good here?
Bunn Choon Egg Tarts are one of my favorites. I managed to grab some Charcoal Egg Tarts and Green Tea Egg Tarts and they were all selling like hot cakes. I was lucky enough to get my order as I was lining up. I remember at one time in another branch (when I followed my Uncle), I had to place my order while lining up and ended up having to wait and coming back to collect after half an hour. yes, business is that good, really for these to-die-for egg tarts. Once you sink of teeth in these you will know why. The crust is crispy and the egg is smooth. 

If you love Nyonya Kuih, there is a stall here with tons of variety. Here are some that I bought today. Check out my video and you will see that stall.



Me and my mom's favourite has to be the Nian Gou. Sold at RM5  a packet, it is fragrant and aromatic, soft and does not stick to your teeth. This is highly recommended. Very fresh.


There is also a superb Curry Mee Stall that also sells Wantan Mee and Pork Ball Noodles that are sooooo goooood (you can view from my video above). I ordered one of each bowl to try. Me and my parents agree that the curry mee is the best! 3 bowls came up to RM23.50. That's average about RM8 per bowl. The queue was crazeeeee but it's worth the wait. Good luck in finding a table here. This place is super huge but finding a table is not easy. Come with at least 2 person so you can order and one "chup" a table.
I wanted to try more stuff but the amount of people in here on a Sunday morning was too overwhelming for me. 
Good Luck in your food hunt! 


More details on ICC Pudu's Facebook Page.
Yup, I was surprised they even have a facebook page!

Comments

  1. wow nice discovery!! I grew up in this area too...will go and check it out one day..one thing though i dislike walking in these area those uncle like to scan girls from head to toe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better go earlier. Today had a tough time finding a seat!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts